Even though Al-Cid is one of the more minor characters in Final Fantasy XII, he is a key element in the plot and makes himself unforgettable to both the characters in the game and the player of the game. In these sections I try to delve into the heart of Al-Cid's character in order to shed some light on his involvement in the game.
- Basics: your standard run-down of all things Al-Cid, as spoiler-free as possible.
- Appearance: Al-Cid is pretty unique looking compared to the other characters in the game.
- Name: His name can be seen as a reference to many different things -- anywhere from Spanish heros to birds.
- Personality: The way he acts and what it tells us about him -- is there more to him than he leads on?
- Role: His place in the greater plot of Final Fantasy XII, even if it's just a small one.
- Transcripts: The dialogue from all the scenes Al-Cid is in. Re-read the parts that confused you!
- Relationships: How he relates to other characters throughout the game (based both on fact and speculation).
- Balthier: A close comparison of the tension between these two seemingly similar characters.
- Comparison: Other characters who are almost just like him in other videogames.
- Cids: Other Cid's throughout the Final Fantasy series and how they stack up compared to Al-Cid.
- Rozarria: A look into the elusive kingdom Al-Cid hails from, even though the party never visits.